I love Carribean Jerk Chicken! I found this recipe that made it super easy to tackle the marinade piece. The homemade marinade was delicious. I made a couple of modifications to the recipe after the first go round. The recipe originally called for split chicken leg quarters. I decided to use drumsticks, or drummies as I like to call them.
It’s also still pretty cold out. Instead of grilling these drummies, I decided to bake them. I was worried that the recipe wouldn’t turn out as well since I skipped the grill. Despite my worries, the chicken turned out moist and extremely flavorful. The best part is that this recipe is low carb. Only 7g of carbs and about 335 calories. Can’t beat that. Check out my adaptation of this Taste from Home recipe!
Marinade Time: 2.5 hours
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 1.5 lbs chicken drummies (approx. six)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients to make the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into the plastic bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2.5 hours.
- Once marinaded, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken in a baking pan. Make sure to coat the baking pan with cooking spray. Drip the remaining marinade over each drummie for extra flavor.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Check chicken to ensure chicken has cooked through. Chicken cooking times will vary based on size of drummies.