I am a huge fan of Snow Crab Legs, just ask my boyfriend. I think they are plenty delish! To keep my boyfriend interested in having crab legs for dinner on a consistent basis, I have tried to prepare them a variety of ways. As they say, a little variety never hurt anyone.
This time around, I decided baking the crab legs was the way to go. Ladies, I have to say it was a great choice! The crab legs maintained their moisture so they were super succulent. I marinated the crab legs before baking them. This gave the crab legs great flavor. Needless to say, we decided to lick the seasoning off our fingers to savor every bit.
Try out my recipe below. Let me know what you think. If you are trying to find a way to a man’s heart, this recipe might just land you there by way of tummy. Happy baking!
Garlic Herb Snow Crab Legs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marinade time: 15-20 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes
1 1/2 lbs Snow Crab Leg clusters
1/2 cup olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp ground black peppeer
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Rinse each crab cluster and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Spray an 8 1/2 x 11 pan with cooking or baking spray.
3. Combine the olive oil, garlic, garlic salt, cayenne, black pepper, crushed pepper flakes, lime juice and parsley. This will be your marinade. Mix thoroughly. Feel free to pepper and salt as needed.
4. Brush the marinade onto the crab clusters. Make sure to coat each one thoroughly. For a little more flavor, add more marinade to the top of the crab cluster. The marinade will seep into the crab meat. Place the clusters in the pan.
Tip: Make sure the minced garlic is brushed on the crab as well. This provides a nice roasted garlic taste.
5. Let the crab legs marinate for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Once the crab legs have marinated, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over all the clusters. Place the clusters in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
Tip: Crab legs do not take long to cook. Overcooked crab legs lack moisture, making them less succulent. Crab legs are usually done within 8 minutes. A good indicator is the color of the legs. The legs are a brighter, glossier red when they are ready (see below).