Things have been a bit hectic lately. Between work and everyday bustle, we are also in the process of moving into our new home. While everything we own has made its way to the new house, many of these items have yet to find a true home in our place. Thus, cooking has taken quite the back seat to the many house projects we have started in addition to the usual unpacking.
Inspired by my time constraints as well as my desire to continue cooking, I decided to make some watermelon inspired cupcakes. These cupcakes will illicit oohs and ahhs over “all the time” you must have spent making such cute delights. While they look like you slaved away in the kitchen, they are actually quick and easy to make. The next time you have a get together, try these out. See what people think. Do you have any fast and easy to prepare recipes?
1 box Strawberry cake mix
2 cups Nestle chocolate baking chips
1 canister of white icing
Red and Green food coloring
1. Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Preheat oven according to the box.
2. Stir in red food coloring, adding a little at a time until you reach the color you desire.
3. Add 1.5 cups of chocolate chips. These will be your “watermelon seeds.” Stir thoroughly.
4. Fill a muffin tin with the cake mix. Place in the oven to bake.
5. In a bowl, empty the contents of the icing can. Add 60 drops of green food coloring. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
6. Once cupcakes have been baked, let them cool. Once cool, frost each cupcake with green icing.
7. Place a few chocolate chips on top.